Last applications for this scheme will be accepted till 30th October 2020.
This incentive is aimed at helping all small start-ups. The assistance in intended to support start-ups with a viable business concept and are in the early stages of its development. The application must not be received more than twenty-four (24) months from the establishment of the company in Malta.
Approved initiatives will be supported with an initial grant of up to EUR 10,000 and quarterly funding of up to EUR 10,000 per quarter during their start-up period depending on the number of employees which will be engaged with the company.
The total funding may not exceed EUR 25,000 per beneficiary.
In order to be eligible for this scheme, the beneficiary must be an economic undertaking established within the European Economic Community with an operating base in Malta by owning or leasing premises in Malta for the business and employing at least one person that is based in Malta and is liable to pay income tax in Malta.
Eligible business activities are the below:
- Mining and Quarrying
- Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply
- Water supply, sewerage, waste management and remediation activities
- Wholesale and retail trade, repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles
- Transportation and storage
- Accommodation and food service activities
- Information and communication
- Financial and insurance activities
- Real estate activities
- Professional, scientific and technical activities
- Administrative and support service activities
- Human health and social work activities
- Arts, entertainment and recreation
- Other service activities
In order to be eligible to this scheme, the applicant must be:
Proposing products and/or services that have potential to be marketed and distributed internationally and producing products and/or services which are new or substantially improved compared to the state of the art in the local industry.
Get in touch with us